Monday, May 26, 2008

Summer Lovin'



Today I spent the whole day outside. I sipped jasmine green tea, watered the flowers, sunned myself, and chased the pups. It was the best day anyone could ask for. Also it's a sad day, first as you all know it's memorial day, so there are a lot of families missing their loved one's. What you might also not know is Bruce "Utah" Phillips passed away of heart failure on the 24th. Folk singer, storyteller, and Korean war veteran. Utah was an inspiration to me, I love the warmth of his voice, and you can practically hear that twinkle in his eye, when he tells his stories. He will be sorely missed. This blog entry is for him.

Korea - Utah Phillips with Ani DiFranco
Natural Resources - Utah Phillips with Ani DiFranco (both tracks from "The Past Didn't Go Anywhere")

No comments: