Monday, July 7, 2008

The Hand That Wounds


Yesterday, I was with an old friend, and his vast collection of very old things. He loves 60's garage and psych as he calls it, so I spend the day watching "Vertigo," and playing electric guitars that look like they could short circuit at any moment. Good times, good times.

#19
"Die Hand Die Verletzt"
Episode 14, Season 2
The ritualistic murder of a teenager in a small town gets Mulder and Scully caught up in a secret occult practice within the local school's PTA, and a substitute teacher with strange powers. (From tv.com)

Why I love it: I think this is one of the first X Files VHS tapes I took out of the library, that really got me started. This episode is sort of tongue and cheek, but still manages to have some good scares as well. Some parts make you laugh, (frogs w/o parachutes) while others make you really upset (a girl recalling abuse at the hands of her step-father). It sort of runs the gamut, of emotion, and at times your not sure if it is comedy or tragedy. All and all, it's not the most greatest of x files, (it doesn't quite stick with you, like the best of them do) but I enjoy it for sentimental reasons.

No comments: