Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Silent 'H'


Greetings readers, This Side Up! is coming at you from the wilds of New Hampshire. I'm here in tiny cottage, with a set of twins and a funnel faced dog. A situation comedy if I ever heard one. Speaking of which...

#14

"Small Potatoes"
Season 4, Episode 20

The true birth father of small-town babies born with vestigial tails turns out to be a chameleon-like man capable of impersonating anyone - including Mulder. (from the DVD slim pack)

Why I love it: It's a breath of fresh air. Season four is dark, there's an impending sense of death and doom in almost every episode; except for this one. A light hearted romp with Darin Morgan, (X Files writer extraordinaire) in a lead role. I'm sure David Duchovny loved playing Eddie VanBlundht, (the father of the tailed children, and the 'H' is silent) who in turn is trying to steal Mulder's identity. Play with his gun, fool around in the office, hook up with Scully. You know all the cool stuff that Mulder never does. It's a rather charming look at our two heroes, and it's fun. It's my father's favorite episode, thus far, and one that always gives me the giggles.

P.S. Does anyone else think the Silent H's would be an awesome band name?

P.P.S. Amanda Peet's hat & expression in that picture, makes me laugh really hard.

No comments: