Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Scientific Nature of the Whammy...


It's birthday season here, at This Side Up! one has to wonder why most babies are born in July. Most of my friends were born in either July or January, with a few smatterings, in those other months.

#11
"Pusher"
Season 3, Episode 17
Mulder and Scully pursue a terminally-ill psychopath who possesses the extraordinary ability to force his deadly will on others. With nothing to lose, the man makes a demented game out of his final days -- and the object of his last diversion is Mulder. (from the VHS tape)

Why I love it: This is a classic X File. It's got it all, a great baddie, suspense, mystery, and Mulder and Scully being kick ass investigators. I've been known to watch this one over and over again. Also the actor playing our psycho is so good, you want to spend the episode punching him in the face. Mulder and Scully are at their peak, a little flirty, with a whole lot of intellect. Plus they work so well with each other on this case. But the real reason I love this one so much. It's that stand-off at the end. I still freak out, even though I know how it ends. Turns out Fox (the broadcaster, not our beloved G-man) had told Carter that a stand off like that had never been done on TV before, thank god they kept it in. It scares me still.

No comments: