Saturday, July 5, 2008

Natural Born Killers


Twenty more days till X Files: I Want to Believe...Are you excited yet?

#21
"Aubrey"
Season 2, Episode 12

Mulder and Scully question a detective who discovered the forty year old skeleton of an FBI agent, in a dream. Finding that the agent's remains fit the profile of a recent homicide. Mulder and Scully are drawn further into the case, and make an incredible discovery.

Why I love it: It's a great X-File. The acting is well done, and the questions the episode raises, are very interesting. It certainly takes the argument of nature, versus nurture to a whole new level. It also it more sensitive then most, focusing less on the gore, and more on the the psychology of the story. There's no bang, bang shoot 'um scenes, no explosions, it's a lot of character study, and the mystery with it's twists, and turns, is awesome. I loved watching Scully and BJ's (the mentioned detective) interactions. I feel like they made a connection, two women in law enforcement, and this makes the ending, for me, all the more tragic. This one's a must see of season two.


I did not make that ürber cool X-Files poster. It was found by Frankburnsflagg on xfilesultimate.com. If anybody has any information on the maker, I'd be glad to post it.


No comments: