Tuesday, July 22, 2008

In the Final Moments


†˜*Three Days!*˜†

#4
"One Breath"

Season 2, Episode 8

Scully mysteriously appears in a Washington hospital, alive but in a coma, and Mulder must fight to keep her alive in order to find out what happened to her and who did it to her. Meanwhile, Scully fights her own personal battle as she decides whether to stay or go on to the next world. (from tv.com)

Why I love it: It's does in forty-five minutes, what most epic movies try to do in two hours and forty-five minutes. It tells an involving and touching story, that muses on life and death, love and family, justice and revenge. Not to mention it's the 3rd set piece in a story arch, that not only will have a lasting effect on the characters, but the entire show as well. A must see!

Quotable Quotes:
Byers: Good work, sneaking out those charts.
Frohike: Tucked 'em in my pants.
Mulder: Plenty of room down there.

Mulder: Him! That's what happened. Cancer Man! He's responsible for what's happened to Scully.
Skinner: How do you know that?
Mulder: It's a rumor... Who is he?
Skinner: It's not your-
Mulder: Oh, you can have it all, my badge, you can have the X-Files. Just tell me where he is.
Skinner: And then what? He sleeps with the fishes? We're not the Mafia, Agent Mulder. I know it's easy to forget it, but we work for the Department of Justice.
Mulder: THAT'S what I want.

Mulder: Sit down!
CSM: How'd you find me?
Mulder: Shut up! Tonight, I ask the questions! You're going to answer me, you son of a bitch!
CSM: Don't try and threaten me, Mulder. I've watched presidents die.
Mulder: Why her? Why her and not me? . . . Answer me!
CSM: I like you. I like her too. That's why she was returned to you.
Mulder: You should be the one to die.
CSM: Why? Look at me. No wife, no family, some power. I'm in the game because I believe what I'm doing is right.
Mulder: Right? Who are you to decide what's right?
CSM: Who are you? If people were to know the things I know, they would all fall apart. I told Skinner you shot the man in the hospital, but I didn't really believe it. And here you are with a gun to my head. I have more respect for you, Mulder. You're becoming a player. You can kill me now, but you'll never know the truth. (Mulder wants to shoot, but doesn't) . . . and that's why I'll win. Don't worry. This'll be our secret. We wouldn't want others to . . . start rumors.

William Scully: Hello Starbuck. It's Ahab. People would say to me. 'Life is short. Kids, they grow up fast. Before you know it, it's over.' I never listened. To me, life went at a proper pace of many rewards. Until the moment that I knew, I understood, I would never see you again, my little girl. Then my life felt as if it had been the length of one breath, one heartbeat. I never knew how much I loved my daughter until I could never tell her. In that moment I would have traded every medal, every commendation, every promotion, for one more second with you. We'll be together again, Starbuck. But not now. Soon.

Here's a totally lovely video shared by flipflopgirl1985 0n YouTube:

No comments: