Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I Learned a Little Something About Courage


Tell me are you excited yet?!

#3
"Jose Chung's From Outer Space"
Season 3, Episode 20
No one really knows what happened that fated night on a country road in Klass County - including Agents Mulder and Scully. So when famous novelist Jose Chung decides to document the incident once and for all, he discovers that it could have been an alien abduction, a government conspiracy -- or an alien abduction of government conspiracists. (from the VHS tape)

Why I love it: It's bleepin' awesome! It's a great comedy piece, every time I watch it I laugh. The story has a strange structure, but it works. It's kinda a study on the nature of truth, and reality, and the way all the little pieces fit together is genus. Also every time I watch it I realize a new twist. This episode is crazy good, and it's a wonderful jab at the complicated X Files alien mythology. The actor who plays Jose Chung cracks me up. Plus the cameos for the men in black, I won't spoiler it for people who haven't seen it, but...HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Quotable Quotes:
(Mulder screams a very high-pitched scream)
Detective Manners: That's a bleepin' dead alien body if I ever bleepin' saw one.

Blaine: (to Jose Chung) Well, hey... I didn't spend all those years playing Dungeons And Dragons and not learn a little something about courage.

Scully: (Hanging up the phone) That was Detective Manners. He said they just found your bleepin' UFO.

Here's Gillian Anderson last night on Leno: Part I, Part II.

No comments: