Sunday, July 13, 2008

Poop Eaters Unite


Last night I had an Irish coffee, and a brownie sundae. Does this make me a bad person? I guess I believe in living large.

#13
"War of the Coprophages"

Season 3, Episode 12


Mulder while on vacation in the Vineyard finds the town on the brink of insanity due to killer cockroaches, he also finds a government experiment run a beautiful etymologist named Bambi.

Why I love it: Wow my description, makes it out to be way more serious then it actually is. A funny send up of our heroes, as well as Orison Wells's 'War of the Worlds." As only Darin Morgan could write it. I love the flashlight joke, the numerous phone calls. I love that the mystery of the cockroaches is never solved. Were they visitors from space, or was it just a series of eerie coincidences? I love that Scully's cool medical rationalizations or on display here, and Mulder is curious, and excitable, as all ways. I will admit the one thing that I don't love is the tension between Mulder and Scully. There was a lot bad vibes going between them at the beginning of season three, and this episode is no different. When Mulder tells Scully she smells bad at the end of the episode, I know it's mend to come off as a joke, but I cringe every time.

No comments: