Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Lovers


Yesterday was beautiful, today is gray and icky. Go figure! But at least today I'll have less distraction from the blog, and from reading. I should probably clean too, but I think that's asking too much. Maybe the sun will come back out...

#18
"all things"
Season 7, Episode 17
A series of coincidences puts Scully in contact with someone from her past, causing her to question her romantic and professional choices. (From the DVD slim pack)

Why I love it: Let me say I don't love it just because of something that is implied in the very beginning of the episode. But now is a good time to say the Mulder and Scully relationship is what makes the X Files so interesting to me. Sure everything the writing, stories, and production are all top notch. But Mulder and Scully are what make it special. So yes, I'm announcing here on my blog, I am an avid shipper! Anywho back to "all things." This one is Gillian Anderson's (Scully) writing and direction debut, and I think it's nice. I love the percussive beat that, manifests through-out the episode. It's a nice effect. Also the richness, and colour in the picture also a plus. Plot wise it's slow, but it's all based on Scully, so I like that. I will say that after Chris Carter who invented the character, I would trust Anderson to to write something that stayed true to Scully. After all she's only played her for seven years. So yes, I found the story both interesting and believable. I liked the Buddhist undertones, and of course I also loved Mulder and Scully together. ;-)

Woohoo! I just got the "X-Files Revelations" DVD in the mail today! Excuse me while I go watch.

No comments: