Monday, July 14, 2008

Best Friends


Before we begin, I'd like to wish my friend Andrew a very happy birthday! There's been a tie here, I knew I couldn't leave either of these choices of the list, and I've got the top ten blocked out. So with out further ado...

#12
"
Irresistible/Post-Modern Prometheus"
Season 2, Episode 13 & Season 5, Episode 6

"Irresistible": A mortuary worker who gets his thrills from collecting hair and fingernails from the dead begins killing people to expand his collection sets his seriously disturbed sights on Scully. (from tv.com)

"Post-Modern Prometheus": Filmed in glorious black and white with a comic book feel to it, this is a modern retelling of Frankenstein as Mulder and Scully get caught up in a town where the residents live on Jerry Springer episodes and fear a two-faced monster who has been impregnating their women. (also from tv.com)

Why I love "Irresistible": Donnie Phaster, has to be the scariest villain in the X Files universe, and this episode never fails to give me the heebie jeebies. The actor is way, way, way, too convincing as a death fetishist. (read: necrophiliac) That ending sequence with Scully still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Plus seeing the character development, by the way Mulder and Scully both view the case, is an added bonus. Well done X-Files team, this is one episode viewers never forget.

Why I love "PMP": This one was just too quirky to leave off the list. Any episode that throws together "Frankenstein," Jerry Springer, Mulder, Scully and Cher. Gets major props in my book. I love that Chris Carter decided to film it in black and white, it looks beautiful. The episode is funny, and even a little touching, but it's mostly just weird. And I love it.

P.S. Both these episodes show the Mulder and Scully relationship at it's finest.

No comments: