Monday, July 21, 2008

Try Saying it Ten Times Fast


Gahhh! I hate oversleeping, and I hate reading bad reviews of the things I love. X Files: I Want to Believe got bad reviews. Curses you critics, I want this film to do well!

#5
"Bad Blood"
Season 5, Episode 12

While exploring the deaths of cattle killed by a series of blood extractions, the agents uncover a cult of vampires residing in a small Texas town.

Why I love it: It's hilarious! The funniest X-File of them all, and everyone usually has this one as a favorite, including Gillian Anderson! I saw this episode for the first time when I was twelve, and it scared the pants of me, but made me laugh as well. I remember I decided to watch an episode of the Brady Bunch afterwards just to bring my pulse down. (remember I was twelve) I love this one, Anderson is ace, Duchovny's dry wit is on display, and the story flows very well. Plus Duchovny's rendition of the Shaft theme song, is one of televisions finest moments.

Quotable Quotes:
Mulder: C'mon, Scully, get those little legs moving! C'mon!

(Fantasy sequence)
Hartwell: You really know your stuff, Dana.
(Mulder interrupts the fantasy sequence)
Mulder: DANA?! He never even knew your first name!
Scully: You gonna interrupt me or what?
Mulder: No. You go ahead. (Mockingly) Dana...
(Fantasy sequence)
Hartwell: Agent Scully, you really know your stuff.

Scully: You're saying that I actually hit him... two times?
Mulder: Square in the chest. No effect.
Scully: And then he sort of flew at me like a flying squirrel?
Mulder: Well, I don't think I'll use the term flying squirrel when I talk to Skinner, but yeah... that's what happened.

Mulder: Oh, shi-... (Theme tune)

Here's the Sneek Peek, of The X Files: I Want to Believe that was aired during The Deadliest Catch:

No comments: